Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Parcel of Rogues
Has anyone out there got the dots or ABC for a Parcel of Rogues

cheers
 Alcluith
(30-05-2018, 04:02 PM)Alcluith Wrote: Has anyone out there got the dots or ABC for a Parcel of Rogues

cheers
 Alcluith

Hi Drew, a quick internet search for Parcel O' Rogues notation yielded this link:

Parcel O' Rogues

There is a midi file on the page too and the melody is complete with the lyrics.  There are slight diferences in the second part from the version I know, but the notation is on the whole pretty accurate.

John
(30-05-2018, 08:27 PM)John Kelly Wrote:
(30-05-2018, 04:02 PM)Alcluith Wrote: Has anyone out there got the dots or ABC for a Parcel of Rogues

cheers
 Alcluith

Hi Drew, a quick internet search for Parcel O' Rogues notation yielded this link:

Parcel O' Rogues

There is a midi file on the page too and the melody is complete with the lyrics.  There are slight diferences in the second part from the version I know, but the notation is on the whole pretty accurate.

John

Hi John

sorry for delay in responding.
thanks for that link . I managed to get a book of Burns Songs in the Scottish National Library that had it in it and it is identical to that version in your link. Its not a tune I am familiar with and still trying to get my head round how to fit the verse with the dots, maybe as I get to know the tune the words will fit easier.

Drew