Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source of Good Music
Clef 
In case you didn't know, the class pages on my website are a great source for accessing free sheet music. For example, for my Wednesday morning mixed instrument class, the coming term is dedicated to new tunes by contemporary Scots musicians, and you can download the whole collection from this page in various formats. The book, called The Fresh Baked Collection is full of great tunes by people such as Alistair McCulloch, Fergie MacDonald, Freeland Barbour, Dagger Gordon, Blair Douglas and many more. 

My Upper Intermediate Mandolin class has an interesting term ahead (see this page), with an eclectic choice of music. Away from the usual Scots and Irish tunes, we're exploring music from Sweden, from the Renaissance, from the 1960s and from the pen of Arthur Sullivan. 

Most of this music ends up in my Tunes Section. I aim to provide clear, easy to read notation, and it can all build up into a worthwhile collection. All it costs you is a bit of extra ink in your printer - not even that if you've gone digital!
(09-08-2018, 06:57 AM)nigelgatherer Wrote: In case you didn't know, the class pages on my website are a great source for accessing free sheet music. For example, for my Wednesday morning mixed instrument class, the coming term is dedicated to new tunes by contemporary Scots musicians, and you can download the whole collection from this page in various formats. The book, called The Fresh Baked Collection is full of great tunes by people such as Alistair McCulloch, Fergie MacDonald, Freeland Barbour, Dagger Gordon, Blair Douglas and many more. 

My Upper Intermediate Mandolin class has an interesting term ahead (see this page), with an eclectic choice of music. Away from the usual Scots and Irish tunes, we're exploring music from Sweden, from the Renaissance, from the 1960s and from the pen of Arthur Sullivan. 

Most of this music ends up in my Tunes Section. I aim to provide clear, easy to read notation, and it can all build up into a worthwhile collection. All it costs you is a bit of extra ink in your printer - not even that if you've gone digital!
Nigel

thank you for this great source of music. Your website is probably the best on the web.

cheers

Alcluith
What a generous gentleman you are, Nigel. Many thanks for posting all this material and making it freely available, especially the Fresh Baked collection offering the new material.