Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year 2020
It has been very quiet round here in recent months  despite this being one of the best sites for good Scottish music, thanks to Nigel's effort over the last decade.

I hope this Forum does not die completely as all the people on it are inspirational and apart from Mandolin Cafe, the only one to be a member of.

I want to wish Nigel and all members of the Gathering Forum a Happy New Year. 

Lets hope we cannot some life back into this Forum.

Alcluith
Season's greetings to you too, Drew, and to all those who still browse this forum. I agree with you about this and the MC site - my two go-to sites for things relating to mandolins and Scottish music.

Hope 2020 is a more active year for the forum, but that depends on those of us who post on it (or not).
(03-01-2020, 01:26 PM)John Kelly Wrote: Season's greetings to you too, Drew, and to all those who still browse this forum.  I agree with you about this and the MC site - my two go-to sites for things relating to mandolins and Scottish music.

Hope 2020 is a more active year for the forum, but that depends on those of us who post on it (or not).

Thank you and the same to you John,

Yes I follow you an Ginny on the MC site regularly and have picked up a few tunes over the last year.  I am really enjoying the Bear Dance and Moon and the Seven Stars. You have given me a lot of inspiration over the last couple of years as, of course, has Nigel. I do wish others would take up the Forum as I am sure there is a lot of members that certainly would advance with the help from the great members of this forum.

Drew (Alcluith)
I really enjoy my collaborations with Ginny, Drew, and the MC has been a great place to post our stuff. Ginnny now has her own channel on YouTube - Celtic Mandolins, and posts regularly there. She is a student of Emory Lester and has posted tunes she has recorded with him as well. I just realised that I have over 130 YouTube tracks on my own channel now. Amazing how they can amass over the years!
Thanks for your kind words too. It is always good to get comments from fellow players.
(03-01-2020, 07:44 PM)John Kelly Wrote: I really enjoy my collaborations with Ginny, Drew, and the MC has been a great place to post our stuff.  Ginnny now has her own channel on YouTube - Celtic Mandolins, and posts regularly there.  She is a student of Emory Lester and has posted tunes she has recorded with him as well.  I just realised that I have over 130 YouTube tracks on my own channel now.  Amazing how they can amass over the years!
Thanks for your kind words too.  It is always good to get comments from fellow players.

John,

I have been subscribed to both you and Ginny on Youtube as well as a few others from the MC group. I really enjoy listening to them and its good to hear the different styles and techniques. A few years ago I would not have been able to say that, but its mostly to Nigel and yourself  that I am really enjoying the mandolin.