Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandolin Buddies
I'm still in shock. I've just had a video chat with Caterina Lichtenberg - one of the top mandolin players in the world. She was absolutely charming and delightful. To top it off, Mike Marshall came on and had a wee word! Little old Nigel speaking with such giants - wow. I mean, wow!!!
(25-09-2020, 10:25 AM)nigelgatherer Wrote: I'm still in shock. I've just had a video chat with Caterina Lichtenberg - one of the top mandolin players in the world. She was absolutely charming and delightful. To top it off, Mike Marshall came on and had a wee word! Little old Nigel speaking with such giants - wow. I mean, wow!!!

Nigel,

You are greatly respected not only here in Scotland but throughout the world. The work you have done in prompting the mandolin and in particular promoting Scottish music make you and you're website the number one place to go to when needing inspiration or searching for a tune. 

There are many giants in the mandolin sector, but I have always classed you as one of them. I was privileged to taken part in your tutorial classed with GFW which was a terrific experience and one I will never forget.

Keep up the good work and stay safe

Drew
Just think, Nigel. They may well be on thier own websites even now telling their followers that they have just been chatting on-line with Scotland's very own Nigel Gatherer. As Drew says, you are a highly-respected figure in the world of Scottish (and other) music, and you have given so much to all of us.

I well remember the great afternoon a few years ago I spent at your home when we sat at your kitchen table and had our own wee session - and cups of tea as well! I was in the area with my wife who was attending some Girlguiding business in Perth and had contacted you to see if we might meet up. You were a perfect host on the day.