Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunshine and Clouds
I wonder if anyone has the notation for this tune?  Sunshine and Clouds by John Kelly.  i tried to transcribe it yesterday but I am sure my attempt is full of mistakes!  Can anyone share any tips on transcribing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hEUmH1LWjg
If you contact me by email I will gladly send you a copy of my tune, Drifter. I have put the harmony line into the notation as well. Thanks for your interest.

John Kelly
(26-02-2022, 03:22 PM)John Kelly Wrote: If you contact me by email I will gladly send  you a  copy of my tune, Drifter.  I have put the harmony line into the notation as well.  Thanks for your interest.

John Kelly

I have sent you an email and a personal message but I am not sure if they are working.  Have you received them?  Are you  OK with me posting my transcription of the tune here?  
Chris
(27-02-2022, 05:48 PM)Drifter Wrote:
(26-02-2022, 03:22 PM)John Kelly Wrote: If you contact me by email I will gladly send  you a  copy of my tune, Drifter.  I have put the harmony line into the notation as well.  Thanks for your interest.

John Kelly

I have sent you an email and a personal message but I am not sure if they are working.  Have you received them?  Are you  OK with me posting my transcription of the tune here?  
Chris

Got the message and have sent you  copy of the notation, Chris.  It arrived in my SPAM folder, oddly enough!
(27-02-2022, 11:27 PM)John Kelly Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 05:48 PM)Drifter Wrote:

John Kelly

Chris

Got the message and have sent you  copy of the notation, Chris.  It arrived in my SPAM folder, oddly enough!
Thank you for sending the notation.  I really enjoyed trying to transcribe the tune and I am pleased to say that I did it perfectly....except the timing!  I managed to count the beats per bar as 180 which is about twice what it should have been!  This made all your quavers into crotchets but does not effect the tune.  I thought it was a bit strange starting on the third beat with two crotchets as I can't think of another tune where this happens. 
Thanks again for the learning experience.
Chris.
Glad you found it useful, Chris.  Aye, the pickup bar at the start is just one beat and comprises two quavers.  I actually had it played this afternoon by four fiddling buddies in a wee session we were having.  I played guitar and they paired up to do the melody and harmony.  It actually sounded good on the fiddles (well, I thought that anyway).